FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I change the battery?
- My CYRN will not stay connected and blinks non-stop
- What are the main tips for CYRN to work properly?
- Will my Tablet or iPad work with the CYRN?
- How do I turn off the device?
- What is required in my phone to use CYRN?
- What is the battery life of the CYRN?
- How do I pair and connect CYRN with my smartphone?
- How accurate is my location?
- Can the CYRN app call 911?
- How many CYRN’s can I have connected to my smartphone?
- Where do I download the CYRN app?
1. How Can I Change The Battery?
CYRN uses a very common type of battery (CR2032) and can be changed very easily. See the Quick Start Guide for instructions.
2. My CYRN will not stay connected and blinks non-stop.
If the CYRN will not stay connected or continuously blinks, you may need to restart the CYRN device. You can do this by following the steps below.
- Power off the CYRN by pressing and holding the button for 30 seconds. Once you hear two beeps and two flashing red lights the device will be turned off. (Tip: Wait the full 30 seconds until you hear the two beeps before releasing)
- Open the CYRN application on the phone and go to device manager.
- Click on the minus sign to remove the device from the application.
- Restart the CYRN device by pressing and holding the button for ~10 seconds or until you hear a beep followed by a flashing green light.
- Once the device has been put in pairing mode you can select it in the application. (Tip: The app may take 10-20 seconds to complete the pairing process.
3. What are the main tips for CYRN to work properly?
- Data service plan is required.
- CYRN application must be running at all times, please do not stop or cancel the application.
- For best results keep CYRN in close proximity to the smartphone.
- Keep Location services and Bluetooth activated/ON.
- Alert audio will not be heard on smartphone if the ringer is on vibrate or silent.
- A Contact’s mobile phone number is required for Text/SMS message options to function.
- After your Smartphone software or system is updated, you need to re-launch the CYRN phone application and perform a test to ensure proper operation.
4. Will my Tablet or iPad work with the CYRN?
- The CYRN can work together with a tablet that is connected with a carrier data card as long as it is running either Android 4.3+ or iOS 7+. It must also support Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
5. How do I turn off the device?
Hold the button for approximately 30 seconds.
6. What is required in my phone to use CYRN?
- Your phone needs to support Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology.
- Bluetooth feature on your phone must be turned ON.
- Your CYRN must be paired and connected to your phone.
- CYRN App, either IOS or Android, must be installed and running in your phone.
- CYRN must be within range of your phone’s Bluetooth coverage.
- Location services in your phone must be activated for greater accuracy on your location information.
- Data connection is necessary for CYRN App to send the alert.
7. What is the battery life of the CYRN?
It lasts up to a year. CYRN uses a coin type battery (CR2032) that can be replaced by the user and does not require recharging. CYRN is designed to be used only in emergency situations and naturally, the more you use it, the shorter your battery life will be. If the connection between the CYRN and your smartphone is lost, the CYRN will continue to ping in an attempt to connect to your smartphone. This activity will drain faster your battery on the Device and the smartphone.
8. How do I pair and connect CYRN with my smartphone?
- On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth menu. Turn the Bluetooth feature ON.
- Launch your CYRN app in your phone, go to Manage Device in the App and select your CYRN when it appears in the “Devices” list (you will be instructed in the App to press the alert button for 10 seconds to be in discoverable mode). While in discoverable mode your CYRN will blink green every 10 seconds for 15 minutes.
- Your smartphone will then connect to the CYRN and the App will let you know when it is connected. Once connected, your device will beep once and stop blinking.
9. How accurate is my location?
Location is based on the information your smartphone provides, therefore it is critical that you have Location Services activated. Accuracy is much better when your phone is in the outdoors and can capture signal form GPS satellites.
10. Can the CYRN app call 911?
At this moment the CYRN application only works with your personal contacts and can NOT text or call 911.
11. How many CYRN’s can I have connected to my smartphone?
You can have one CYRN connected to your phone at one time. You can have one CYRN paired with multiple devices, but it will only work and connect with one device at one time. It will not run on two devices simultaneously.
12. Where do I download the CYRN app?
A secure private link to download the CYRN app will be provided to you upon account set up.